Life during the COVID-19 crisis is anything but ordinary, and it helps to hear about how others are coping. NOTMEDIUM.net plans to keep you informed, entertained, and engaged with lots of cool content and interesting stories, but we'd also like to hear some of yours. GUEST BLOGGERS are invited to write for us.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Test Driving One of My Favorite Cyber Resources

IFTTT is one of the handiest cyber resource tools that you ever want to use. 


In case you've never heard of the IFTTT website, let me simply say that I love the way it helps you automate things.

This has got to be one of my most favorite web resources, and in an upcoming article, I'll show you exactly why (and also explain their name).

Test Driving My Results

The main purpose of this post is merely to test drive the results of my recent IFTTT activities. 

What I did was set my Twitter account to automatically tweet my new blog posts. 

This short post is just a test to see how well it works. So the actual details about the IFTTT website will follow in a future post. 

But I can tell you right now, you're going to fall in love with this fun and useful website. 

Valuable Cyber Resource

Personally, I'm not one for talking to Alexa, or having my entire home security accessible from my phone.

It's not just because I live in a crummy apartment, without any home security. It's mostly because I'm skeptical about that much digital access.

But when it comes to making things easier for me online, plus saving me time in the process, I'm all for it. You will be too, once you discover what all you can do on the IFTTT website.

IFTTT provides applets that enable you to automate practically all your online activities. 

This eliminates the need for you to keep duplicating your efforts. It's great for managing your social media activity, and as far as I can tell, with IFTTT, you can do a whole lot more.




Be sure to return soon, and look for the detailed post about what IFTTT is, what it can do, and examples of how you can use it.

By the way, although some of the links I post/promote on this blog are affiliates that offer small commissions, IFTTT is not one of them. But I still absolutely love the site.

 

 

DEAR READERS:

Since the writing of this particular story, a lot has happened and I invite you to visit my Justiss Goode pen name and Medium profile and read some of my recent personal essays and miscellaneous life lessons that I know you will enjoy and benefit from.